Please support your GP and Castlehead Medical Centre Surgery – we have signed up for the I Want Great Care campaign which is all about the patient experience. This campaign helps the practice to review the care that it offers to the patients. By giving your feedback you will be helping the practice to improve services. Please go to www.iwantgreatcare.org and share your experiences.
Practice name: Castlehead Medical Centre
Address: Ambleside Road Keswick CA12 4DB
Telephone: 017687 72025
Current online patient services
GP system supplier – EMIS WEB
GP system version – V6
Plan to meet GMS / PMS 2014-15 Contractual Requirement for Patient online Service
This practice currently offers patients’ facilities to book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online.
This practice currently offers the facility for all patients to order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances.
This practice plans to offer patients facilities to view online, export or print any summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and( OPTIONAL – any other items agreed between the practice and individual patient), from the earliest possible date our GP system software allows.
These dates are subject to the necessary NHS GP systems and software being available to the practice by NHS England.
We will publicise and promote our online services to our practice’s patients through the practice website, practice waiting room leaflets, posters and the Patient Participation Group by earliest possible date that the GP system software is available
|1||Agree the initial small group of patients to use access to records||November 2014|
|2||Write up practice policies and run internal staff awareness sessions||November 2014|
Prepare promotion and information activities for patients
Review any nationally provided support material from RCGP/NHS England
Train relevant staff for patient records access, e.g. receptionists
Commence summary information access to records for patients who request it
Publicise online services to patients through website and PPG
|January 2014 onwards|
This will be a requirement for practices from April 2014, as part of the contract change for 2014 – 2015 for General Practitioners
Practices will need to ensure that each patient on their practice list aged 75 and over is assigned a named, accountable GP who will;
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring that all appropriate services required under the contract with the practice are delivered to the patient
- Where required, based on the professional judgement of the named GP, work with relevant associated health and social care professionals to deliver a multidisciplinary care package that meets the needs of the patient
- Ensure that the physical and psychological needs of the patient are recognised and responded to by the relevant clinicians in the practice
- Ensure that the patient has access to an over 75’s health check if they request one
We will work through our patient list of patients aged 75 and over and allocate a ’Named GP’ to the patient record – this will be a manual process looking to see who the patient sees the most frequently. Patients will be informed by letter. Patients can, if they wish change the GP that has been assigned to them by contacting reception who will then amend the medical record accordingly.
New patients will be asked upon registration who they would like to be registered with.
We are using this method as an aid to inform our patients who are aged over 75 to engage with us regarding their preference for ‘Named GP’.
The ‘Named GP’ will not be responsible for;
- Liability for the work of other doctors or health professionals.
- 24 hour responsibility for the patient
- Personal availability throughout the working week.
- Be the only GP to care to that patient.